Saturday, December 26, 2009

Christmas was VERY merry!

Wow....what a whirlwind couple of weeks...Christmas came and went and I am EXHAUSTED.  My Christmas present to myself is the gift that keeps on giving...a new doggie!!!!
Heidi is her name and she is a Basenji /terrier mix...a rescue dog and the sweetest little thing
 EVER.  My 15 year old cat Bob died in October...and he was very "dog-like"...he came to the door when I came home; he followed me everywhere; and we talked and talked to each other!  I have really missed his companionship.  Heidi is a snugglebug and will certainly help fill that void at our house!

Christmas has been fun - a whirlwind of activity with family and friends...and DOGS...Heidi got to meet 4 of her six big canine cousins yesterday.  She will meet two more in a few days.  One thing is for sure....our family sure loves a dawg.  Dog friends bring constant movement and noise, going  inside and outside and chaos and joy all at the same time...never a dull moment!


I have been a slacker about blogging...don't know how in the world my favorite bloggers find time to do this every single day.  I am making a new year's resolution to blog weekly, on the same day of the week in 2010!
Time to get the leash and take a walk!  Hope your Christmas was as happy and blessed as mine!  Happy happy New Year, everyone!  Woof.

No comments:

Post a Comment