Saturday, October 24, 2009

A little touch of red


Hi all! This has been a fun week, full of excitement with sharing the Sew Beautiful magazine article with family and friends. Thanks to everyone for all of the love and support! I can't believe that it is nearing the end of October...I wish that the month of October would be 60 days long...I love the trees and pumpkins and the chill in the night air.

Visited with our little cousins this week, and Olivia, age 3, sees trees that have changed and tells her mom "I see a little touch of red!" I saw some beautiful scenes during my travels this week, none of which compared to the trees located on the UNC-G campus where I was getting gas in my state vehicle. Glad I had my camera in my purse that day. Little touches of red are popping up everywhere and NOT just on the trees...Christmas is everywhere in the stores, and on everyone's minds.

The "Knotty Girls" are all working on ideas for our booth display at Holly Days on November 14th. This week I lucked out by finding the wooliest, most wonderful tree to display my ornaments upon! Complete with a snowman which I will be adorning with a WOOLIES scarf and hat, the tree is perfect for my Exceptional Woolies display. This morning I put together a little vignette on my buffet in the dining room...a little preview for you of items that will be for sale at Holly Days and at the Alamance County Arts Council Holiday sale.


Putting it all together has nudged me even more into high gear...I need to make more ornaments. I need to make more stockings. I need to make more mice. I need to make more cupcakes. I need two weeks at home. Oh well.

Got to get busy sewing! Hope you are having a happy weekend...Enjoy this last little bit of October!

No comments:

Post a Comment