Friday, September 4, 2009

Oh-So-Good Pie


Okay...here it is...My daughter and I just finished a piece of this pie. I wrote about it as one of my favorite autumn things and ever since, I've been wanting some. This is usually more of an October or even Thanksgiving pie, but this year it's a Labor Day Weekend pie!

Here's the recipe:

1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar
2 eggs, divided into whites and yolks
1/2 t. cinnamon
1 t. vanilla
1/2 t. ground cloves
1 T. apple cider vinegar
1/2 c. chopped pecans
1 cup raisins

Cream butter and sugar. Add egg yolks, spices, vinegar, nuts and raisins. Add stiffly beaten egg whites. Cook in rich crust. 450 degrees for first 10 minutes, then 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
(You may need to adjust to your oven. I bake mine for 40 minutes at 350 degrees.)

P.S. I didn't have quite enough raisins, so I added currants. That's what you see in this picture.) Also, this is WAY good with fresh whipped cream on top, but we didn't have any...and half and half won't whip (yes, I tried!) Whipping cream is on the grocery list for tomorrow.
Enjoy your weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment